Do you have a goal of completing a secondary or post-secondary school diploma? Are you thinking about skills training, an apprenticeship or finding a job? Do you have your own personal learning goals, such as improving your budgeting or computer skills? If you or someone you know is interested in the free support available to reach these goals, contact us.
People come to our training programs because there is something they want to achieve. Everyone brings strengths and skills, but what they want to know is what skills they need to develop to meet their specific goal. To know what training is needed, so time isn’t wasted, we begin with an assessment. The assessment tells us which skills the person needs to develop to quickly get to where they want to go.
Our assessments include:
- Digital Literacy
For individuals with the goal of skills training, we offer assessments in:
- Business, Finance and Administration
- Sales and Service
- Trades and Transport
Each person works with us to develop a customized learner plan based on the results of their assessment and their goal.
If someone already has a skill, there is no need to include that in their learning plan. Learning plans focus on the skills the person wants, or needs to develop, refresh or enhance in order to reach their goal.
Some examples of things included in a learner plan:
- individual, group and online training in reading, writing and math;
- workplace training such as computer, Point-of-Sale, Customer Service, pre-PSW and money math;
- training preparation, including study skills and test taking strategies;
- preparation for completing their Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) and other employment assessments.
Adult training programs focus on helping individuals reach the goals they have for work, learning and life. The following list outlines the ways adult training programs are unique. Support Training …