Adult training programs focus on helping individuals reach the goals they have for work, learning and life. The following list outlines the ways adult training programs are unique.
- Training is free
- Funding for childcare, transportation and technology may be available
- Successes are recognized and accomplishments are celebrated
Training Designed for Adults
- Programs are supportive, adult-focused and flexible
- Instructors understand the learning needs of adults
- Training is customized to the needs and goals of each person
- Each person completes an assessment so they know their current strengths and needs
- People only study things they need to learn for their goal – there is no need to study what they already know
- Each person develops their own learning plan
- Learning is activity-based or task-based so people learn the things they will need to know at work, in class and in their lives
- For example, many of the documents we use have been provided to us directly by employers
People select from five goal path options including goals of Secondary, Post-Secondary, Work, Apprenticeship or Independence.
- Goals are set and then measured along the way
- We offer a quiet, inclusive, safe and welcoming place to learn
- People have a safe place to try new things
- We offer training online, in groups and one-to-one, including tutors
- Learning includes individualized support
- Our programs support the goals of our partners and funders
- We work with our partners and respect any action plan developed
- We communicate with partners and work together to support learners
- We make referrals to our community partners, as needed
Please contact Carrie Wakeford if you would like to learn more. You can also contact any of the adult training programs directly.